Love every single moment of life.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm here to Pump YOU up.

WAKE UP!!!!!!
 There, did I get your attention? How many of us are feeling the post holiday January blues? I know, I, for one have had a mean case of the blahs the past couple weeks. I started to feel blah about how I look and my exercise routine, though consistent, is not as challenging as I would like it to be and sugar has been creeping back into my diet; This friends, is a rut. Over the years I have learned to identify said ruts before they take over my life. In the past I would give power to my emotions, and in turn, my mind and body would follow suit. There are two kinds of depression; the “can’t get out of bed because of sobbing and lost interest in showering, kind” and the “Everyday dull routine something’s missing, kind” I, personally believe the ladder of the two is worse. At least when you cry you feel, but when you experience that blah lackluster daily attitude, it’s much more harmful to your mind and body in the long run. We all experience this feeling from time to time, and I think it’s perfectly normal, but it’s important to acknowledge it immediately and nip it in the bud before it becomes a permanent part of our identity. Positive thinking is important, yes, but reality is also just as important and it’s essential to have both in perspective at all times. I do believe if you set your focus on something enough you will attain it but this is a daily practice not a Santa clause one time wish.
I woke up today and told myself “I'm going to enjoy this day.” “I'm going to find my niche in life.” “I will make a change.”
Rewind about two years ago, I was living in New Jersey and I was bartending a few days a week, I was talking to a guy that wasn’t for me and It was a very mundane, unfulfilling way to live. I was barley working and I spent most of my days watching TV and then I would go to the gym;That was it! I started to fall into the everyday depression which led to wearing sweats all the time. My body started getting slightly “looser” and I just felt gross. I let this go on for over a year until I finally WOKE UP. I got a steady job; I changed my whole diet and started revamping my look. Since that day I lost 35lbs and kept it off. I’m still striving to tone up a little more but at least I know I am on the right track.
Side tracked….
What was I talking about again?
Oh yea BLAH’s!
So the past couple weeks I have been really discontent with where I am at, career wise. Yes, I am grateful I have two jobs. Yes, I am grateful I live in a great apartment and have a wonderful daughter and great friends and family. I thank god for my life all the time but just because I am grateful doesn’t mean I’m necessarily fulfilled. I think we should always strive for better. If you have a goal, achieve it. Don’t just be “ok”, be GREAT! Do what is in your heart. Remember the Child's desire within you and don’t let that go just because you have “enough”. Now, this being said, I cannot be impulsive now that I am a parent. I have to plan, plot and execute with precision and intelligence. I have to define what it is I want, and attack it with a slow, diligent force. But FIRST, I must define my exact wants. If you’re anything like me, you have a lot of ideas, dreams, visions, and plans but have a hard time coming up with one single concise plan of action. My mind is like a chaotic dream, time makes no sense and there are no real plans but I know it’s beautiful and I can feel that it’s what I want, I just can’t seem to define it.
I’m always so scared to make the wrong choice. I become frozen in fear, which is why I believe my life hasn’t come to full fruition yet. However, I am making the choice, now, to follow one of my ideas. Here goes… For a few years now I have been very interested in becoming a personal trainer. I, by no means consider myself to be a “hard body” but I do consider myself a success story when it comes to weight loss. I do understand what it feels like to be overweight and to overcome a four year long plateau. I understand the frustrations with body and self image. I know that being healthy isn’t just exercise and eating salads; it’s a mind, body, spirit connection. I have a strong desire to motivate people. I love challenge and I am a stubborn strong willed woman. So I am making the decision to go to a personal training school. Of course singing is my number one passion but I think I have room for a couple passions in my life. I believe that my journey could really help and inspire others to change their life for the better. So, I ask for your support, my fellow fat babies’. It’s extremely hard for me to make a decision, but in my heart, I know this is a good one.
Stay tuned... You will be on this journey with me!
I encourage you to follow your passion, today. Make that decision,WAKE UP from your dream and make it a reality!
Challenge for the week- Define your passion.
XOXO
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. This is such a good idea, sarah; I am really excited for you as you pursue this. And you're right: there is room for more than one passion in life. I think they feed each other--honing more than one gift just makes us more able, in general.

    You're gonna be an amazing personal trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you jess! Your words means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete