Love every single moment of life.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Body Dysmorphia

So I'm in the Acme in my town and i run into this woman i used to work with. She doesn't recognize me because she said I've lost so much weight and then says as she walks away "Don't gain it back." As I'm checking out i have with me a weight watchers yogurt, not because i particularly like WW but because it was a nifty flavor. The cashier says "I hope you are not on WW." In that moment i realize i am not the overweight girl anymore. Although when i stand in front of my mirror all i see are the flaws i still have. Even after going from a size 14 to a size 6 i still don't feel like I'm "In Shape". I guess we never really see what others see because we are too busy looking at our imperfections. I only hope i can enjoy it before I'm old and wrinkly!
I hope my silly little stories about my wieght loss journey can be helpful to those out there fighting the same battle. Our bodies are our temples and its time we start being nice to the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment